New forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New forum

I am building a new forum due to the fact I lost all my attachments so I figured start fresh how would I go about keeping my users intact.

You can import your users using ImpEx. The ImpEx scripts are available for download in the member's area.

Comment

Which version is it, and do you have a functioning forum?
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

yes im functioning on vb 3.01 and im going to upgrade to 3.03

Comment

im not really sure how to do this is there anywhere that has a step by step

Comment

1) Install a new 3.0.3 forum.

2) Download ImpEx from the member's area. Upload the impex folder to the forum directory. Edit the impex/ImpExConfig.php file so the target database is your new forum, and the source is your old forum.

3) In your new forum, go to the:

Admin CP -> Import & Maintenance -> Import / Export

Run the import.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Bunce
              1) Install a new 3.0.3 forum.

2) Download ImpEx from the member's area. Upload the impex folder to the forum directory. Edit the impex/ImpExConfig.php file so the target database is your new forum, and the source is your old forum.

3) In your new forum, go to the:

Admin CP -> Import & Maintenance -> Import / Export

Run the import.
              I did try that based on the directions from the importer however could not see the import/export option in my acp can i pay someone todo it for me all i need is the users thats it.

Comment

The Admin CP option only shows up if you have uploaded the impex folder to your forum directory.

If you need help with the import then you can submit a support ticket with your server and forum information.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X