Activation email and 'X-Authentication-Warning'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Activation email and 'X-Authentication-Warning'

Hi, I am trying to solve my own email issues to get better delivery success rate.

We did not have -f parameter enabled to start with and I read here that setting that to yes might help with SPAM filters. Seeming to confirm that was an email from a user that said:

My mail server was filtering messages that have the 'X-Authentication-Warning' header in them and putting them into my SPAM mailbox. ... It might be smart to remove that X-Authentication-Warning header as well; apparently your mail command adds it unless you use -f to set the sender.

So, on Oct 3 we enabled it as a test. The result was that no mails were then sent out. Post notifications or Activation emails. I ran the diagnostic tool in Vb on email and it confirmed this. I set -f to off and we are back in business.

So, any advice for how to get the "X-Authentication-Warning" off the mail without -f enabled, or, alternatively, suggest where to look for understanding why -f killed mail?

Thanks in advance,
    Melanie

Hmm, why am I starting to feel like chopped liver on these boards . . .

Comment

AFAICT this is a server-related issue. Unfortunately I don't have any solutions for you, otherwise I would have posted something.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Unofficaly if your having an issue with the server you could try using SMPT, you can find it at vbulletin.org

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X