Force the memebrs to recive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Force the memebrs to recive

a noticed when some on post on a thread?

IExemple:
    Member A start a thread and member B post something on that thread, how can I force member A to revice an email notification, that member B posted?

Another question.
    How can I give access to a super mod to email the members as well?

Comment

1. They need to subscribe to the thread. To set this and other options as the defaults for new users:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> User Registration Options -> Default Registration Options

To reset options for existing users:

Admin CP -> Import & Maintenance -> Execute SQL Query -> Automatic Query

Then choose the appropriate query and click on 'Continue'.

To run queries you first need to give yourself permission to run queries in the Admin CP. To do this, edit this section of config.php:

// ****** USERS WITH QUERY RUNNING PERMISSIONS ******
      // The users specified here will be allowed to run queries from the control panel.
      // See the above entries for more information on the format.
      // Please note that the ability to run queries is quite powerful. You may wish
      // to remove all user IDs from this list for security reasons.
      $canrunqueries = 'x';

...with x being your userid number (not username).

2. Thye should already have that option. If you mean doing this from the Admin CP, then you will need to give then access to the Admin CP and assign the appropriate permissions:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Administrator Permissions

You may need to make yourself a Super Admin in order to do this. Edit this section of config.php:

// ****** SUPER ADMINISTRATORS ******
      // The users specified below will have permission to access the administrator permissions
      // page, which controls the permissions of other administrators
      $superadministrators = 'x';

...and replace x with your userid (not user name.)
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thank You
        Another question

Every time I try to send out emails to members, I get a 404 page, or a timeout.
        The first emails I sent out were ok, but now I cant.
        I even uninstalled every single hack I had, and tried again but without resutls.
        The funny thing is that some members get the test emails lol

How can I resolve this issue?

Comment

This sounds like a server issue. How many emails are you sending in a batch?
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X