Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfering from LocalHost to WebServer

Hello Friends,

I bought vBulletin and installed to locahost. Modifyed all setting and added all suboforums and now I wanted to transfer my forum to my WebServer.

I made database backup, installed forum to webserver and tryed to import this database but no success.

Forum just not working when I restore it.

Can someone help, beacuse I will loose to much time by putting all subforums and setting on my webserver too. It is already done on localhost.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Roberto

Have you changed config.php to the new database info?

The way I have done this in the past is to do it as a new installation at the new site then import the db followed by overwriting any files with modified versions if applicable
    Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

I think problem was too large backup file.

I now back uped database in 4 parts and I will restore each one separately and I will let you know if it works.

Thanks,
      Roberto

Comment

It works: http://www.gsm-java.com/forum/ .

I need some info... How to show Poster username and details LEFT from post, and not UP from post (up from post is default).

Thanks.

Comment

go to

vBulletin Options > Style and Language Settings > Use Legacy (vertical) Postbit?

Set this to YES and save

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

Tnx.

And one more thing... how to add this "HTML dreamweaver stuff" to newreply.php file...

I mean this icons for bold, italic etc...

I tryed in Message Posting Interface Options check option Enable Standard & WYSIWYG Controls but I cannot see icons...

Can you help?

Thanks.

Comment

To overwrite the icons you would need to upload different ones to your images/editor/ dir.

Make sure you have selected WYSIWYG Editor in your UserCP > Options

Twitter Blog

Comment

Where can I enable this WYSIWYG for ALL members?

Comment

I do believe that they can choose for themselves in thier user optionsbut maby you can disable the standard one and leave only the WYSIWYG Editor under Posting Interface in the Options

Comment

Originally posted by gsm-java
                    Where can I enable this WYSIWYG for ALL members?
                    Open config.php and add your userid on this line:

PHP Code:
                    $canrunqueries '1'
                    Then browse to your admin cp, under Import & Maintenance click 'Execute SQL query'.

On the new page there will be a drop down beside 'Automatic Query', in the drop down select 'Show enhanced (WYSIWYG) editor toolbar'.

Click continue.

Comment

Thanks guys...
                      All working.

Just one more thing.. How to add banner to RIGHT-TOP ? Like on http://cafe.mobil.hr/ ...

Regards!

Comment

I succed

Comment

Working...
                        X