Style count

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Style count

Having been "messing" around with styles, I have settled for 2 at the moment. The problem I now have is that I have one style at number 1, and the 2ND is number 13 .

Can this be reset so they are numbered 1 & 2? I have tried to reset using the admin panel, but they are still numbered 1-13

Any idea how I can reset it?

Stu

without running Queries that are a pain NO, i have a similar thread about this, maybe you wanna search for it
    Rebel Designs Studios

Comment

Styleids make no functional difference, so there is no need to change them.

rebelsrock06 is correct. There is no feature to renumber styleids. You would need to manually query your database.

Comment

Thank you both for the replies, if it makes no difference, I will leave it as it is

Stuart

Comment

the only reason styleids are relavent is that Vbull can differentiate between styles.

You can also link someone to your forums and they will see it in that style if you link them like this

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/index.php?styleid=2

Notice the styleid, that is one of the reasons for styleid numbers. If you really wanted to you could querie the DB, and since you only have to styles you would only need to run 1 querie. When i wanted to do it i was going to be re-id-ing over 45 styles and that would have taken ages.

Hope this helps
          Rebel Designs Studios

Comment

what do you mean by querie-ing?

I want to do that as well, can I just go to my database in mysql and change the IDs or do I need to change them on more than 1 place?

I also want to shrink my users ID as well, my forum is a private one and I forgot to disable registering, now I have several registered accounts which I deleted but I want the next available account number to be 10 again, is that possible?

thnx,
            davy
            www.emecstudios.com (studio) | MAXIMUS, passion for models. | MDO, when nature calls.

Comment

No, and its really not the best idea to do so, both userid's and styleid's are just UNIQUE id's that will never be reused. MySQL' wont resue and manually assiging them may cause problems if you dont update every occurence

Comment

ah ok, then I better leave it alone
                what if I want to start a new forum and take 10 users and some messages to start with,
                will that import using IDs back from 1 not using the old IDs?
                cause I am about to delete 9/10 of my forum, starting a new and fresh one
                thats what I really want...
                thnx,
                davy
                www.emecstudios.com (studio) | MAXIMUS, passion for models. | MDO, when nature calls.

Comment

I would think the import would assign new userids based on the next autoindex value of the table.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X