Possibility of doing a couple of things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possibility of doing a couple of things

Hey all. I've been working with vB for a few years and vB3 for a few months. There are a couple of things that I'm wondering if I can do with my current (v 3.0.3) installation?

1. Is it possible to list sub-forums for some of the top-level forums but not for all of them? In other words, we have one top-level forum that has about 50 sub-forums. We would prefer not to show all of those forums on our forums homepage. However, we want to show the other sub-forums on the homepage. Is this possible?

2. Is it possible to allow a single user or usergroup to post HTML while restricting others from doing so? We have a forum in which we would like to enable an admin to post content from an HTML e-mail and then allow individuals to respond. However, we don't want to open up the security risk associated with having individuals post HTML responses.

Thanks!

Jon

1. This is not a feature but may or may not be possible with template conditionals. Here is the online documentation for using template conditionals:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/m...e_conditionals

2. This requires modifying the code. You can try asking for help with this over at vbulletin.org.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X