Banning a country

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banning a country

I have a user that continues to setup fake accounts and posts his spam. I have turned on the email address verification and that has not helped. This guy buys up expired domains and then points them to his main site - dotdeals.com. I have even tried banning him by his ip address, but my list is getting rather long. We are currently banning by the 3rd octet.

This guy is coming in from India, Amsterdam and other locations abroad. What can I do to keep this jerk out?

Chris

Check out this link and ban all those IP. Those are a list of open proxy IP addresses which people of that nature uses to evade IP ban. Once you've done that, if you're on vB 3, add his current username to tatchy; that way all his post will be invisible to everyone as he is ignored by all except himself. If that still doesn't work, there's always the ever so wonderful miserable user hack + freeze logout hack which makes him take 20 minutes to load any page and unable to log out of his current user... He'll get sick of this in a bit and eventually leave you guys.

Good luck!
    Best Regards,
    Andy Huang

Comment

Thanks. I'll look at the link in a minute. Unfortunately, nothing based on username will work. He registers a new name each time with the new websites he has.

Chris

Comment

Would adding this large list to the banned list cause a slowdown or anything?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X