No announcement yet.

Can I change widths from view to view?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I change widths from view to view?

I would like to have the forums tables appear centered and narrower in all the views (portal, index, memberlist, calendar, forumdisplay, etc.) except the thread (showthread) views, where I would like the width to be 100%. This is so there would be maximum space in the message panes for images, etc. I don't need that function in the other views, so I would like it if I could make those views more attractive by narrowing them (I would also like space to see background at the top and bottom).

Is that possible? If it is, can you explain how I would do this -- the names of any templates or whatever, their locations and suggested edits?

Thank you
    If my post was helpful to you, please take the time to register at my forum and ask a question you've always wanted to know about floors.
    www.TheFloorPro.com

Maybe you could modify a code in the showthread template to force 100% instead of the $stylevar[] but I am not really sure which code this would be.

Comment

Thank you very much for trying to help, but I really would need more info than this. I can follow directions very well, but I'm too new at this to attempt it without more definite information.

Thank you though. I hope someone else will pitch in.

Jim
      If my post was helpful to you, please take the time to register at my forum and ask a question you've always wanted to know about floors.
      www.TheFloorPro.com

Comment

I have tried for about 15 minutes to get what you needed but run into a few issues, so sorry - I don't know this one. Maybe Jake or Zachery have more experience with breaking the layout. That said, it looks kind of ugly to have everything in say 700 pixels wide, except the posts itself.

[update]
        I just thought bout this: maybe adding $spacer_open and close to break away from the design in the postbit template might do the trick.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X