Exporting Users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exporting Users

I am setting up a test database and I want to export all current users from my current database , directly into my test database.
    Is this possible through Admin CP and if so which tables do I need to export how do I restore them using phpmyAdmin

I did try something a couple of weeks ago but although the users appeared in the member list of the new database when I tried to find their details in admincp I got the message "No such user"

I want to be able to do it so that they can log onto the new database with the same password and without the need to re-register.

A step by ste guide would be appreciated by a dummy like me

It would be best to dump the database and restore it to a new one if you need to setup a test database.

Comment

Problem is my current database is very large and I don't have the space to dump and upload the old DB. Is there no way to do what I am asking??

Comment

Try dumping and importing these table:

user
        userfield
        usertextfield

This assumes that your test db has the exact same usergroups as your live db.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

You could install vBulletin fresh, and then use impex to import the users.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X