hide location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hide location

How do I hide/disable peoples' location on posts? I just want to do this temporarily and will enable it soon after.

Thanks.

From what I can tell, this requires modifying the files. For this reason I recommend you post on www.vbulletin.org, the official vB hacking site.

Comment

i don't mind editing it, i can just add it back in if i have to. which part do i edit out?

Comment

I don't know which files need to be edited. Sorry.

The people on www.vbulletin.org might know.

Comment

If you want to just hide it in posts only..

edit postbit template and remove:

PHP Code:
          <if condition="$post['field2']"><br /><div><b>$vbphrase[location_perm]:</b$post[field2]<br /></div></if> 

Comment

awesome thanks.

is it possible to comment it out inside the templtes using // or #'s? Thanks

Comment

PHP Code:
              <!-- <if condition="$post['field2']"><br /><div><b>$vbphrase[location_perm]:</b$post[field2]<br /></div></if> --> 

Comment

thanks for your help

Comment

No problem

Comment

Is there an easier way of hiding it in the profile other than just deleting the user profile field and re-adding it back in when ready to re-add it?

Comment

I thought you meant the "who's online" location.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaotic Reality
                        Is there an easier way of hiding it in the profile other than just deleting the user profile field and re-adding it back in when ready to re-add it?
                        You can make it a private field:

Admin CP -> User Profile Fields -> User Profile Field Manager -> [Edit] -> Private Field

The ability to view private fields is a group permission:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> Edit Usergroup -> Can View Private Custom Fields

Comment

Excellent. Thanks again.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X