Confirm Email for long time members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confirm Email for long time members

Is there a way to have all members to confirm their Email even if they have been a member for a long time? Many people will get new ISP's or just no longer have the Email they signed up with and I was wondering if there is a way to require them to once again confirm their Email.

i think you can set them to the Users Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Then massemail them and incude some of these variables:

$activateid will be the activation number the user must use to activate his/her account.

$activatelink will be the URL that a user needs to visit to be activated. Note: These will only be defined to users in the "Users Awaiting Email Confirmation" group.

ive never done this so i dont know if it will work but hopefully
    ~Ross B

Comment

Hmm yes that sounds good, but they would still be able to log in without correcting it wouldn't they? Is there a SQL command to move entire groups into the Users awaiting conformation group?

Thanks for the reply.

Comment

You don't need a query. You can do this in the Admin CP:

Admin CP -> Users -> Prune/Move Users
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Okay thanks!

Comment

This does not work and i am in dire need to move all users into the user waiting for confirmation. That option does not excist for me.

And i need to have this done because there are many users who used invalid emails when i had verification turned off on the forums.

Comment

What doesn't work exactly? Please describe exactly what you are doing and what happens when you do it.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I am using VB3.

I goto the users are and then move/prune

I selected Registered users and put it so it gets all the members...... then i click OK it shows all the members that should be moved..... but when i scroll to the bottom the option for me to select the email confirmation pending group or w/e it is. It's not their so i am not able to move these users.

Comment

Interesting, you're right. I checked this out and there is no option to move user into the Users Awaiting gorup. I don't know why this is, but I suggest posting this in the Bug Tracker.

Meanwhile, assuming you have not altered the default Usergroups and usergroupids, you can run this query to move all 'Registered' users to the 'Users Awaiting' group:

UPDATE user SET usergroupid=3 WHERE usergroupid=2;

Make sure this is really what you want before running this and backup your database first.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X