Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where can I get the inbuilt rich text editor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I get the inbuilt rich text editor?

I am sure this is not a new question, but I would like to use the WYSIWYG editor (that I am currently using to type this message) on my own website.

Situation
    My users add descriptions about the products and services they offer in a field that is written to a database. At the moment they can only enter plain text, meaning that if a description has headings, font size changes, this is not seen by the website visitors.

Solution
    I see the solution being to use the text editor that I see here. It is just what I want. It must be a plugin, or available to buy/download ? I notice that www.pintexx.com have a good one, but what do the development team at VBulletin use ?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks.
    Last edited by olivergleave; Mon 27 Sep '04, 3:47am.

In the vBulletin options section of your admin control panel from vbulletin you can set what default editor a user gets during registration and you can enable the options, etc.

You can also change the editor for everybody (existing members) by running a query through > import & maint. > run sql query > from the drop down select Yes : enhanced wysiwyg editor.

Comment

Hi, and thanks for the reply.

I guess I didn't explain my requirements clearly. . . . so here goes again.

I would like to take the functionality of the WYSIWYG editor currently found in vBulletin and implement it on another, independent website.

I have tried to search the web for an off the shelf solution, so that I can just implement it straight in to my independent website, but can't find anything.

My question was to see if the vBulletin team developed this inhouse, or whether they bought it from a third party. Has anyone got any suggestions where I can get a WYSIWYG editor for my web site ?

Many thanks.

Comment

The vBulletin Development team built the wysiwyg editor in house, the only editor that comes to mind is the FCK editor http://sourceforge.net/projects/fckeditor/ demo here http://www.fckeditor.net/Demo/Demo.aspx?Sample=sample03

Comment

Hi, they are comparitavely easy to build. I have written one before using cmdexec and javascript....I am guessing this is the method vb team used?

Comment

They used javascript

The best part bout vB's is the cross browser compatability

Comment

Oops - I meant to say javascripts cmdexec command lol. I never tested mine cross browser as I only required it for IE but I'm guessing it would be ok.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X