Loged on users?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loged on users?

How do I spoof the system to show a lot of users log on that are actualy not loged on? Or is there such a hack or seting that when a use logs on that day it the system will show he or she loged on for the rest of the day?
    Last edited by sportbikehype; Sun 26 Sep '04, 7:30pm.

This requires modifying the code. Try asking over at vbulletin.org.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

You could set the cookie timeout to a very high value (like a whole day) I would not recomend this as your users sessions would never end. But its doable.

Comment

There are a lot of web sites that change the default 900 cookie timeout setting to 7200 to tripple their online users display. Note that each session is therefor 7200 long instead of 900.

Comment

Can you tell me where this setting is on my web server?

Comment

admin control panel > vbulletin options > cookie settings

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
              You could set the cookie timeout to a very high value (like a whole day) I would not recomend this as your users sessions would never end. But its doable.
              That should cause an issue with system performance and could pose a security risk with sessions not timing out ?

Comment

Just sessions wouldnt time out, and the users cookies wouldnt be read untill they had been offline for at least 24 hours (if you set it that high)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X