Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dstruct2k
    replied
    I suggest checking persistant connections. If it's on, turn it off. If it's off, turn it on.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Neither do I but it's not being caused by vB.

Leave a comment:

• Nightbreed
    replied
    I just don't understand why everything would work perfectly fine until it's left to idle.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Then something else is happening. The version check feature has nothing to do with this problem. Here is more info on the possible causes of a 'can't connect' error:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/Ca...to_server.html

Leave a comment:

• Nightbreed
    replied
    hmm... Yes I did the backup and had everything transfered. It was working just fine for several hours. I stepped away for about 30 mintues and "can't connect to database". I see this same exact behavior if I install mysql and set up a test forum on my machine locally. After a period of no activity the database refuses connections. I'm doing nothing to instigate this. In fact it inevitably happens where the test forum (or in this case the new host site) is inactive and unused.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Originally posted by Nightbreed
    I strongly suspect that this is due to the vb call home feature thinking my licence is being used in two places.
    No. That doesn't happen - otherwise no one would be able to run test forums (which is allowed.)

So here's the question... MUST I turn off vb on the existing server in order to prevent any call home feature from ruining my transfered database?
    No. The version check feature does not affect your database in any way.

And no.. this isn't because I've messed it up. Things run fine for a while then the database is completely broken when it's not even in use.
    What specifically do you mean by 'broken'? What errors are you getting? Did you use the recommended precedure to backup and restore the database via telnet or SSH?

Leave a comment:

• Nightbreed
    started a topic Changing hosts

Changing hosts

Hi,

I'm changing hosts and finding an annoying database problem. I can get everything moved. And access it all, however, the database keeps getting killed a few moments later. I strongly suspect that this is due to the vb call home feature thinking my licence is being used in two places.

So here's the question... MUST I turn off vb on the existing server in order to prevent any call home feature from ruining my transfered database?

And no.. this isn't because I've messed it up. Things run fine for a while then the database is completely broken when it's not even in use.
Working...
X