Error Handling & Logging Set Up Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error Handling & Logging Set Up Help

I have created a sub directory under my forum directory on server called Errors.
    I have CHMODed it to 777.
    I have went to Admin Control Panel under Error Handling & Logging
    In both
    Log Database Errors to File
    and
    Log Failed Admin Control Panel Logins to File

I have added my path to this directory, in my case it is set to
    /xx/xxx/xxx/forum/Errors <---- x's are to not allow users to see actual here.
    I have made access attempts to get it to show any .log files, errors, anything.
    You can even see nothing here:
    http://www.cpfools.com/forum/Errors/
    Should the path in the two field be something else?

I also have the option Disable Database Error Email Sending set as No
    I have no logs, I check the server in that dir, nothing.
    Does anyone have any idea on this?
    I know I may need someone to access my admin site or ftp to see this, and am willing to have a staff member here do this to assist.
    Thank you in advance.

I suggest moving the log error directory inside the admincp/ directory, so you need to be someone with permission to the admincp/ in order to read the content. Users could 'guess' the forum/*/*.log locations.

Comment

Originally posted by Floris
      I suggest moving the log error directory inside the admincp/ directory, so you need to be someone with permission to the admincp/ in order to read the content. Users could 'guess' the forum/*/*.log locations.
      Thank you Floris.
      I will do this, I set that up just to try and get it to work....
      Once I figure why or get it working, location will be changed.
      Getting it to function is first priority.

Comment

I am usually not a bumper... but does anyone have the time to review this for us?

Comment

How do you know you've had any errors to log?
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
            How do you know you've had any errors to log?
            "I have made access attempts to get it to show any .log files, errors, anything."
            I have made several attempts to log in with fake password so have staff, I had a database error when hitting the import/export option...

Comment

If you have not installed any hacks (which includes portals), fill out a support ticket at:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/mem...ontactform.php

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP. If you have installed hacks, then remove the hacks first then check and see if you still have this problem. If so, leave the default vB files in place and fill out the support request. Please also include a complete description of the problem.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

If you have not installed any hacks (which includes portals), fill out a support ticket at:
                Umm, I have the vbadvanced portal that was installed for us...
                I do not know how to remove this.
                Should I still open a ticket?

Comment

Working...
                X