Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Machol
    replied
    You should htaccess password protect your forums and remove all other access to the Admin CP until you can verify who the traitor is.

Leave a comment:

• boro_boy
    replied
    Thanks I'm running vb 3.0.3

PHP Version 4.3.8
    Apache v1.3.31
    Linux
    MySQL: 4.0.20-standard-log

I think its an inside job, someone telling people my password, well changing it first then telling them.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    What version of vBulletin do you run, also what are the mySQL/php/apache (if you run that webserver) versions?

Remember that vBulletin if only as secure as the server it runs on, you will need to scan your logs and determain the point of access the cracker is using. Asuming of course that is is not an 'inside job'.

Right now, change all your crucial passwords (ftp, root, mySQL web admin if you use one, vB admin acounts/super mod acounts) then update all software to the latest versions if possible.
    Last edited by Brad.loo; Fri 17 Sep '04, 3:03am.

Leave a comment:

• boro_boy
    started a topic Forum keeps on getting hacked

Forum keeps on getting hacked

I don't know if its a flaw somewhere in vbulletin but last week all forum and all members were deleted i come home today to find the same has happened. I have 3 admins and 2 super moderators. Maybe one of them is giving out their information for the person to delete my forums. Its really annoying.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X