Line breaks after quote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line breaks after quote

I've managed to change something that I can't seem to repair.

I removed the line breaks that were added after a quotation appears in a post, to make things more streamlined, but unfortunately that caused the breaks to disappear in the notification emails I get for each post, so the text between quotation and message are now butted up against each other, making them unreadable.

I want to restore the line breaks again. But the problem is, now I can't find where I did it. I went to the 'bbcode_quote' but the original template doesn't show me any line breaks. I went to 'postbit' and that is the same.

Where on earth did I make the change? I'm all confused.

Vbulletin 3.0.3

Well, if you removed them, then I guess you know what changes you applied, revert those changes.

Upload the original vbulletin files again - I believe the line break was a hard coded thingy in the files.

Comment

Yes, I realise that's what I'm supposed to do - my problem is I can't remember which file I made the change in. I did it several weeks ago, and when I look at the original (unchanged) files where I thought it was, the line breaks are not there. So I was hoping that someone out there knows where the two line breaks that affect the spaces after the quotation, and also will affect the email, were.

I have tried replacing the line breaks where it looks logical, but my tests show that it doesn't affect the email, so it must have been elsewhere - I just don't know where.

Comment

You just confused me.
        I want to restore the line breaks again. But the problem is, now I can't find where I did it. I went to the 'bbcode_quote' but the original template doesn't show me any line breaks. I went to 'postbit' and that is the same.
        my problem is I can't remember which file I made the change in. I did it several weeks ago, and when I look at the original (unchanged) files where I thought it was, the line breaks are not there.

Comment

Here's my question - which template has the HTML line breaks, i.e the BR tags, that is supposed to affect the spaces after a quote? I am not talking about the CSS code, I'm not talking about adding in all new additional BR tags where there normally is none - I'm talking about the two BR tags I removed and now want to put back. I cannot find where I did it.

When I go to the original templates of the two files mentioned, these do not have any line breaks, and reverting them does not make them suddenly appear, therefore it must be in ANOTHER template or other file that I made this change. I cannot, for the life of me, find them. There's no way to search the original templates, only adjusted templates, so I can't find the file I know I changed. I want to know which file it is, and then where the code should be.

Comment

Well. Nice to see that after all that, you were of no help whatsoever.

Thanks. I guess I know where I don't need to come when I want some help.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X