Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error after moving to new server!

Hi
    I moved my VB forum to new server using Cpanel back up/restore function.

Now that I am done I cant access anything on the forum. I get the message saying

"There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.
    Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.
    An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience."

I tried to access the admin page and I get the same error message. Is there anyway to fix this? I checked the database it is all there!

If I reinstall the forum would it get fixed? I have a feeling the setup information for this server is different than the old one.

We need to see the real error message. Right-click on the error page and go to View/Source. Then copy-n-paste the error message here.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

<html><head><title> Database Error</title><style type="text/css"><!--.error { font: 11px tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; }--></style></head>
      <body></table></td></tr></table></form>
      <blockquote><p class="error">&nbsp;</p><p class="error"><b>There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.</b><br />
      Please try again by pressing the <a href="javascript:window.location=window.location;">refresh</a> button in your browser.</p><p class="error">An E-Mail has been dispatched to our <a href= Staff</a>, who you can also contact if the problem persists.</p><p class="error">We apologise for any inconvenience.</p></blockquote>

<!--
      Database error in vBulletin :

Link-ID == false, connect failed
      mysql error:

mysql error number: 0

Date: Wednesday 15th of September 2004 06:36:12 PM
      Script
      Referer:
      IP Address: 65.xxxxxxxxxx -->

</body></html>

I edited the email address and wesite address for privacy. I can PM you my account number and domain name if you need it.

Thank in advance

Comment

This error means that either the info in your config.php file is wrong (in which case your forums wouldn't work at all) or there is a problem with the MySQL server. If you are sure that the db info is correct then you need to contact your host.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Cant I edit the config.php file?

What If I reinstall the script?

Comment

Yes. You need to edit the config.php with the appropriate db variables for the new server.

Do not reinstall. This will overwrite your database.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I cant even find my Config.php file!! I am using vBulletin Version 3.0.1

Comment

I think I know where the problem is! When I restored my data base, it did not create the same user in Mysql data base. In fact there are no users in Mysql associated with my VB database. I am going to add the same user as I had under the old server and associate it with my database and see if it works.

Comment

I added the username to my datebase but now I get a different error message!

<!--
                  Database error in vBulletin 3.0.1:

Invalid SQL:
                  SELECT *
                  FROM session
                  WHERE sessionhash = '3cf03471bcad4e817e8dece25e62608c'
                  AND lastactivity &gt; 1095292021
                  AND host = '65.92.174.203'
                  AND idhash = '8c78de352a313e916a7eeea53eda165c'

mysql error: Table 'XXXX_vbulletin.session' doesn't exist

mysql error number: 1146

Comment

Create a new database, create a new user, add the user to the database.
                    Then import the 3.0.1 backup and upload the config.php file.

When you make a backup on the old server, you do it two parts: 1- dump of the database in .sql and 2- download the vbulletin forum files and directories.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X