Better understand dateline fields

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better understand dateline fields

I just wanted to find out more on the dateline fields. Looking over the structures they are not setup as dates, but rather integers...

Any links or info would be great.

Thanks

The dateline column is in Unix timestamp format, which is the number of seconds since midnight Jan. 1, 1970. You can use this online tool to convert Unix Timestamps to date and time:

http://www.onlineconversion.com/unix_time.htm
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Ok,

But then the calculations are done how? Can you point me to an example in one of teh files or code.

Thanks

Comment

Sorry I don't know the code for these calcualtions. Since this involves coding questions, you should ask over at vbulletin.org.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks Steve.

Cheers.

Comment

If $dateline contains the timestamp, then the actual date and time can be extracted with this PHP code in the vBulletin files:

Code:
            // DATE
            $date = vbdate($vboptions[dateformat], $dateline);
            // TIME
            $time = vbdate($vboptions[timeformat], $dateline);
            Now $date and $time will contain the the readable date and time.

That's the general idea anyways. If you need help with your specific code then you should post on www.vbulletin.org.

Comment

Can you please tell me where I can find the code for the vbdate function? Thanks.
              John Caradimas

Comment

vbdate is defined in /includes/functions.php

PHP Code:
                // If vbdate() is called with a $format other than than one in $vboptions[], set $locale to false unless you
                // dynamically set the date() and strftime() formats in the vbdate() call. 
                Search for that, the function is just below it.

Comment

Thank you Sir, much appreciated.
                  John Caradimas

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X