This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User Activity Stats gone berserk

Noticed "max users online" tripled one day, and didn't really believe it. Ran "update stats".

Now my user activity stats are bogus. Instead of numbers in the hundreds they are all less than 30.

Max users remained the same.

Haven't installed or diddled anything lately.

Wonder what that was all about.

What 'user activity stats' are these?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

admincp > statistics & logs > statistics > user activity statistics

I do not know what these really are, there does not seem to be any documentation, but I take them to be close to the number of logins per day.

Comment

From the description for rebuilding the statistics:

Rebuilding statistics will cause the loss of the total forum view and active users data. Only run this if you believe you really need to! Once the data has been replaced there is no way to restoring your database.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Yes I saw that. But it isn't a loss. It's a perversion.

It didn't fix the number I knew was wrong, and it randomized the numbers I knew were right. I just wondered aloud if anyone could shed light on what this really does.

Just a curious bit of documentation. A function tells you what it will destroy, but not what it will do. In the case that you really believe you need to.

Comment

This still happens in 3.7

Why does it need to change the data to obviously incorrect numbers. If the function cannot provide correct numbers then it should leave the data alone!

Comment

Please do not respond to a 4 year old thread. Thank you.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X