Post counts deleted.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post counts deleted.......

Hello. The other day I decided to delete some threads from a forum.....shouldnt have made any difference to anything really. BUT....although the threads have gone....so have most of the post counts. Why is this? Surely the vbulletin 3.0.3 should not have any bearing with pAnyway, i tried toost counts? Its very annoying indeed.....a bit hole there it seems......anyway, i had to delete the threads in the " Prune Threads Manager" and "Other Options" and

Forum Select Forum
    Include Child Forums Yes No

as thats the only option to select an individual forum AFAIK.....

Originally posted by Rich99
    Hello. The other day I decided to delete some threads from a forum.....shouldnt have made any difference to anything really. BUT....although the threads have gone....so have most of the post counts. Why is this? Surely the vbulletin 3.0.3 should not have any bearing with pAnyway, i tried toost counts? Its very annoying indeed.....a bit hole there it seems......anyway, i had to delete the threads in the " Prune Threads Manager" and "Other Options" and

Forum Select Forum
    Include Child Forums Yes No

as thats the only option to select an individual forum AFAIK.....
    When you delete posts and threads the thread starter and or posters post count, if they recived one for that thread/post will be subtracted.

Comment

Yes, but thats it, I want the old threads/posts removed....but we dont want the post count deleted also? No one ever wants those removed. Is there some way to stop that happening?

Ive now got like 50 members complaining that there post counts are rubbish

Comment

You could always throw old threads in a hidden forum instead of deleting them.

Comment

that is possible? to move around 100,000 (of a forum with around 175,000)? What about re-indexing thought, does it not utilise hidden forums? Thats why they were deleted......so i dont have to worry about so many posts doing re-indexing..........

Comment

If your worrying about the reindex when you mnove them make sure before you begin the reindex you just turn off the indexing option in that forum

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X