Certain users get permission errors, other don't

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Certain users get permission errors, other don't

I have a custom usergroup for staff at my forum. Today I entered the first two users into it. One of the users that was entered into keeps complaining that if he clicks on the home link it takes him back to this error page and the log out brings the error message. I have a test account on my forums to work out bugs and I set it to the staff usergroup and it had no problems getting around. What's wrong here? Below are some of the complaints he's sent me exactly:

I am trying to log into the homepage. I am typing it in every time and i am getting that response. I won't let me do anything and if i put in to log out.... i get a HTTP 404 not found.

but for whatever reason i am still not being granted access. If i click on the home link it takes me back to this page and the log out brings the error message. I am still getting:

"vBulletin Message

*edited*, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
    1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    Thanks for any help .

What is the URL of the page that is returning the 404 error? Does the page exist or is the URL incorrect?

Regarding your permissions, check the group permissions for the groups in question:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> Edit Usergroup

If the permissions are being granted through a secondary group membership, then make sure the primary group has the Allow Users to have Member Groups option enabled.

And also check the forum-level group permissions:

Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Forum Permissions

And lastly, check the user's access masks:

Admin CP -> Users -> Search for Users

Find the user and edit their access masks.

Comment

I checked all of those and their account still isn't working. There is another active account in that usergroup and it works fine for that user.

Comment

Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X