Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade from 2.2.6 to 3.0.3

Hi..

It appears I need to do this upgrade soon for security reasons. I am more than a little scared about it.

I read that I need to be at least 2.2.9 before I upgrade. But I can't find the instructions to upgrade within version 2 first. Can anyone tell me the absolute minimum that I need to do to safely accomplish this upgrade?

Or is it so difficult that I really need to pay vB to do it?

Thanks.

Charles

Most people are able to upgrade themselves. For upgrade instructions, please see this thread in the vB3 Installation forum:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97961

And the online manual:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/upgrade/
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply.. but that doesn't tell me how to upgrade from 2.2.6.... or can I go straight from that to 3.0.3? --c

Comment

I answered that one in your other thread:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115264

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

My apologies. Having a rough day. --c

Comment

Hi...

In the middle of running the upgrade script I got a fatal error in step #28.

Please tell me what I should do now? I don't want to touch it until someone tells me what I should do. Thanks.

Step 28) Import vbulletin-language.xml

MASTER LANGUAGE

Please Wait

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 518719 bytes) in <path>/vb/includes/adminfunctions_language.php on line 556

Comment

Your server ran out of memory. You or your host will need to increase the allowed_memory_size setting in php.ini.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Okay I thought so. Then do I re-run step #28? There was a caveat about re-running steps so that's what I was wondering about. Thanks. --c

Comment

It should be okay to continue with step 28 once the memory issue is resolved.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Thanks for the speedy replies, Steve, appreciate it. --c

Comment

Working...
                    X