Another question on error-log path

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another question on error-log path

In the Admin CP, where it asks for the path, do *I* select the FILENAME as well, or just provide the path? If I select the filename, does vB append an index to the name when it rolls over to a new file?

Thanks

EDIT: One more question: do I need to touch the file first (if I need to provide a name)?
    Dennis Olson
    Last edited by Dennis Olson; Thu 9 Sep '04, 9:20am.

One more question: since my site uses dual webservers, where would the file be created?

Comment

You name the path and filename, though we will append '.log' to the name. Note that the path, if it's relative, should be relative to the main vB directory (where forumdisplay.php, etc sit).

When we roll over to a new file, the previous file will be renamed "<your filename><current unix timestamp>.log", replacing the bits in brackets appropriately. (Just to note, <your filename>.log will always be the most recent log.)

The file will be created on whatever webserver handled the request, so you would likely end up with 2 seperate logs.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X