Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[vB 3.0.0 Gold] Site suddenly going mad.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [vB 3.0.0 Gold] Site suddenly going mad.

OK so I'm gonna be upfront and admit that I have got a couple of hacks installed on my board. However, I installed them right at the beginning when 3.0.0 Gold came out and have never had any problems with them. FYI they are the v3arcade, talkerbot 1.0.1, vB3 Petz and floris' PM reader (which infact I installed back at beta 7 and have never touched since).

So, here's my problem.

Two nights ago one of my members posted a poll. Nothing unusual about that apart from the fact that now ever poll on my site is elongated about 4 page widths and the total votes add up to something daft like 12,000% instead of 100%.

Some threads have mysteriously lost views and reset to nothing as well.

The only other thing that has changed is that I have manually added some new members via the ACP as I am getting ready to merge my site with another that I have but there is no IMPEX available yet as the other one is running an RC of IPB 2.0.0. I've not done anything at all with my database as I knew that it would be pointless with there being no impex.

Another problem is that if I have to restore a backup of my database i am going to lose about 2 months worth of stuff as I hardly ever backup due to low activity on the site.

I've closed my site off last night when I started to get concerned after I had asked all my admins if they had changed any settings and none of them have. I've checked the admin logs and apart from one of them logging in to close a game that didn't work in the arcade (which I was actually sat next to him at the time as we live together), none of them have even been in the admin panel for over a week.

I want to get this resolved today, preferably without having to delete my database, restore my last backup, upgrade to vB 3.0.3 and rehacking it.

All help appreciated.

Kerry-Anne

Two nights ago one of my members posted a poll. Nothing unusual about that apart from the fact that now ever poll on my site is elongated about 4 page widths and the total votes add up to something daft like 12,000% instead of 100%.
    Goto the language settings and make sure there is a . and , set for 1.000 and 1.000,00 (I hope you understand what I mean).

Comment

Another problem is that if I have to restore a backup of my database i am going to lose about 2 months worth of stuff as I hardly ever backup due to low activity on the site.
      I suggest you make a backup of the current database too, upgrade to 3.0.3 so not only bugs but security issues are fixed and then re-apply the hacks you had installed.

See if that fix your errors and if not, we will take a look at it again.

Comment

Originally posted by Floris
        Goto the language settings and make sure there is a . and , set for 1.000 and 1.000,00 (I hope you understand what I mean).
        That seems to have fixed it. There was nothing in those boxes at all.

I'll backup and upgrade etc later but at least it works now

Comment

the problem happens after a PHP upgrade if you have nothing now it thinks its an error and does some funny things.
          Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X