Upgrade w/ No images and No XML

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade w/ No images and No XML

I think what I just downloaded was put in place for guys like me, I just want to be double certain before I do the 3.0.1 to 3.0.3 upgrade. I have been concerned about upgrade trouble with all the custome buttons and icons I made being overwritten as well as all the effort put into altering the default style fonts/colors/spacing/left column/logo etc.

It seems you have made a version just for me. If I upgrade using the
    no images/no xml I don't have to be concerned about protecting anything correct ? I just do a MySQL backup then install the upgrade. I get the bug fixes
    but no visual overwrites of what I've done ?

Thanks as usual

Steve

You really need the XML you do not need the images, the xml files are vital to the upgrade.

Comment

How do I protect my current styles and templates. I altered the default to look the way I want, which may have not been the best approach, but I would like
      to do the upgrade without some new default overwriting what I have done. How can I do that ?

Steve

Comment

Any customized templates will not be touched, unless you revert it yourself/

Comment

Zachery...

What about all the style info ? The color and font changes, what happens to those ?

Is there a way to make a protection of my current Default setup to import again IF any template or style item gets overwritten ?

I have made text (Word.doc) backups of my altered templates, but don't know how to save the style bits. I'd love to prtect it all as one piece as well. Just for backup purpose without taking into acount the upgrade.

Thanks

Steve

Comment

Nothing in your style will be touched, if it is customized, during the upgrade.

Comment

Working...
            X