Database Error!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Database Error!

I have searched over the forums and see multiple threads with this same issue, however there is no resolve. I love vB and will use it, however I think there needs to be more support on some of the issues I have seen instead of it being passed along as a "hosting server issue".

The error is as follows:

Database error in vBulletin :

Link-ID == false, connect failed
    mysql error:

mysql error number: 0

I have received about 80 emails regarding this error since the creation of the board about 4 days ago. The database checks out fine, the login/pass is fine and the hosting company checked the server, it too is fine. I will add my board works fine and there are no problems that I have found or anyone has reported.

What is the problem? I hope somone would be kind enough to offer a solution.

Thanks for your time,
    Kris

I have had an intermittent issue like this running with one server at my host. I am looking at 15 such emails at this very moment over a 2 hour period yetserday evening.

Your scripts cannot access / connect to the mysql server. I am 99% sure this is a host issue as long as all your scripts have been CHMOD correctly.

In the end I had to add the hosts support email address to the one specified in the admincp so they are notidied on any DB errors so they got the error notification as it happens.

In my case it seems another user on the shared server is hogging the mysql server severely. This is the third re-occurance of this for me in the past 2 months so i think i might take them up on their offer to move to another server with less load.
    Thanks In Advance

John

Comment

does a little spider can crash a server ?

I got the same since the last move.

So my question is: can spide crawlerXX.googlebot.com could crash the mysql ?

As all email are coming with the same error:

mysql error:

AND the same IP : after a trace gave crawlerXX.googlebot.com

I got like 13000 emails about that error in one day.

Best regards,

Interdit
      BPowers.com: Eu Web Hosting Solutions
      Shared hosting with Cpanel/Fantastico
      Live Help: http://www.bpowers.com

Comment

Is it as well all the time the same ip ? for you as well John et Absolutc ?

Thanks,

Francois

Comment

It can be a few periods during the day, but yeah, usually within the same 1-2 hour period, but it is always the same error but sometimes differents scripts.

The most comment scripts for me are register or uploading files (> 1MB) so i am pretty sure it is a failed connect or timeout, but as I am located on a shared server I cannot go digging around myself and nothing i can do to fix it apart from complain.

My 2 other vb sites are on different shared servers with the same host, I tried movidng the DB around and the problem stayed with the host server.

As i said, you should create a email account which will forward all error messages for all the support & sales people at your host and of course yourself, enter this address as the email address to use on any database errors.

How fast do you think the host will respond if they have to get the 1300 emails a day also?
          Thanks In Advance

John

Comment

Ha

just got one just now

mysql error:

Date: Sunday 05th of September 2004 04:25:29 PM
            Script: http://www.xxxxxxxxxxx.com/bbs/sendm...ailmember&u=37
            Referer:
            IP Address: xxx.xx.xx.xx
            Oh dear

But nothing VB team can do to fix these issues, all down to the host
            Thanks In Advance

John

Comment

I just switch off the spider, in the admincp, we will see if more errors occurs, try to do the same.

Francois

Ps: can you trace the ip to see if a spider ?
              Pps: i'm hosting people and this happens only with one client, strange... so i do receive the 13000 emails lollll
              Last edited by Interdit; Sun 5 Sep '04, 3:37pm.

Comment

This is an intermitent issue with the MySQLD (mysql server) for some reason vBulletin cannot connect to it. If the info in your config.php file is 100% accurate, its a server issue. Unless it is happening constantly then it could be more serrious.

Comment

Well i think that 13000 errors from the same ip (spider) is quite anormal and not intermitent.

Keep you update, with the spider off, tell u tomorrow.

Best regards,
                  Interdit

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
                    This is an intermitent issue with the MySQLD (mysql server) for some reason vBulletin cannot connect to it. If the info in your config.php file is 100% accurate, its a server issue. Unless it is happening constantly then it could be more serrious.
                    After spending 85 dollars, this is the best answer you can offer me? Im not pleased one bit. I used to like VB, however the treatment I have received and support is kinda shoddy.

Please exuse me, but I am just not happy. My hosting company checked the server and nothing is wrong. This is a VB issue and I am not the only one having it. I do beleive I have 30 days to get a refund and I just may consider it.

Thanks for the lack of support.

Comment

Unfortunately Zach is right. For whatever reason the MySQL server cannot be connected to. If you have the correct db info in config.php and you have not altered any of the vB files, then this is a server issue. It's unfortunate your host tells you otherwise, but that is the only other reason for this to happen.
                      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by absolutc
                        After spending 85 dollars, this is the best answer you can offer me? Im not pleased one bit. I used to like VB, however the treatment I have received and support is kinda shoddy.

Please exuse me, but I am just not happy. My hosting company checked the server and nothing is wrong. This is a VB issue and I am not the only one having it. I do beleive I have 30 days to get a refund and I just may consider it.

Thanks for the lack of support.
                        From time to time if your host has a full server mysql, can reach its max connections and there is nothing that vBulletin can do on its end if it cannot connect to mysql.

Comment

Mhm... still testing... but our server is ok.

Francois
                          Vb customer for 3 years, and the first time this happens.

Comment

is it me or is this happenin alot today????

I'm gettin the same error

I also saw this when I was lookin through c-panel

apache (1.3.31 (Unix)) up
                            bind (9.2.2-P3) up
                            cppop up
                            cpsrvd up
                            exim up
                            eximstats up
                            ftpd up
                            imap up
                            mysql (4.0.20-standard) up
                            syslogd up
                            Server Load 0.74 (4 cpus)
                            Memory Used 24.7 %
                            Swap 0.937 %
                            Disk hda7 (/) 25 %
                            Disk hdb1 (/backup) 41 %
                            Disk hda1 (/boot) 12 %
                            Disk hda8 (/home) 27 %
                            Disk hda6 (/tmp) 5 %
                            Disk hda2 (/usr) 36 %
                            Disk hda5 (/var) 98 %

they all have a green light except the last one which is red.
                            Last edited by TruckMuddr; Mon 6 Sep '04, 9:41am.
                            Richard Harvey
                            Absolute Offroad RC

Comment

Maybe the little spiders are stronger than Jelsoft 3.0.3 lol ?

Francois

Comment

Working...
                              X