X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about VB3 Feature....

I am currently running 2.3.0 and I need to upgrade to VB3

I was looking over the new features and one of them reads:

"Scalable solution - database server and web servers can reside on separate machines"

I currently have just over 5000 Members....and my server has upgraded me to the MAX...2 gigs of ram.....

But still I run in to SERVER OVER LOAD problems from time to time....

SO....this feature seems very interesting to me....

WHAT QUESTIONS do I need to ask my server about to get this feature installed and up and running before I do the upgrade....

AN....how do you reccomend I have this DATA BASE SERVER set up???? RAM?? etc????

And finally....how do I go about intergrading my existing vb 2.3.0 into the new VB 3.0.3 and this new seperate DATA BASE FEATURE???

I guess I'm asking: WHERE DO I START?????

And do you have a service where by you do all the changes for me......and get me up and running ASAP?????

THANKS FOR SUCH A GREAT PRODUCT....

Kirk

You can ask your hosting provider if it is possible for them to host the operating system on one hard drive and your forum files and images on another hard drive on 1 server. And host the mysql server on a seperate server. This would balance out the stress the forum might generate for your site.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X