Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Quick Thank You Along With A Few Questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Quick Thank You Along With A Few Questions...

First, I would like to say thank you to everyone involved with developing and supporting vbulletin! I just purchased my license yesterday, and I am simply amazed with the product!
    I've been using phpbb for quite some time, and I can honestly say that it doesn't even come close to vbulletin.
    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!

Now onto my questions.

1) I used ImpEx to import all of my current users/threads/topics etc. from phpBB, and the import couldn't have gone any smoother! However, I just can't seem to figure out how to import the avatars from my phpBB board. I'm sure this topic has come up before, so can someone please direct me to the thread of the topic? If I'm the only n00bie who's experienced this, can someone please offer suggestions as to how I can resolve this issue.

2) How can I reset the default profile options for users that were transferred from my phpBB board? I'm interested in having options like view signatures, PM Notifications, View Attachments, etc. set to "yes" by default. Currently, the boards default settings only apply to new registers.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me....

Best regards,

Rene'

1. Avatars should have been imported. Did you update all the user counters after importing?

2. To set these and other global options for all users:

Admin CP -> Import & Maintenance -> Execute SQL Query -> Automatic Query

Then choose the appropriate query and click on 'Continue'.
    To run queries you first need to give yourself permission to run queries in the Admin CP. To do this, edit this section of config.php:

// ****** USERS WITH QUERY RUNNING PERMISSIONS ******
    // The users specified here will be allowed to run queries from the control panel.
    // See the above entries for more information on the format.
    // Please note that the ability to run queries is quite powerful. You may wish
    // to remove all user IDs from this list for security reasons.
    $canrunqueries = 'x';
    ...with x being your userid number.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X