Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show time remaining for a temporary ban (message in header)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RaZor Edge
    replied
    I've just released an hack on vbulletin.org to show time remaining for a temporary ban:

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...threadid=92627

Leave a comment:

• ericruhl
    replied
    Bummer. Yeah that's the intent. I have had zero luck with vbulletin.org in the past, so if it's not something that can be implemented easily then I'll have to manage without it. Thanks Floris

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    This would require source code modifications, I invite you to try vBulletin.org

This is a great suggestion to inform a banned person that his remaining time is x hours.

Leave a comment:

• Show time remaining for a temporary ban (message in header)?

I have a "restricted" usergroup that I temporarily "ban" users to when they've violated the posting rules on my forum. I have edited the Header template to display a message to only this usergroup which explains what is going on, but I would also like the message to include the time remaining in their ban. Here is the code I'm using in the header template:
    Code:
    <if condition="is_member_of($bbuserinfo,X)">
     <div align="center" style="color: red; background-color: white; border: 1px solid black; padding:2px">Ban message here</div>
    </if>
    This is of course borrowed and modified from another suggestion I found on this board for displaying a message to users that have not yet activated their account:
    Code:
    <if condition="is_member_of($bbuserinfo,3)">
     <div align="center" style="color: red; background-color: white; border: 1px solid black; padding:2px">Your account is awaiting email confirmation. Please click the activation link in the email you were sent, or visit <a href="register.php?do=requestemail">this page</a> to resend the activation email.</div>
    </if>
    In the adminCP if I "View Banned Users" I can see the time remaining in each user's temporary ban. Can I access that information to include in my message? If so, what is the code to show the time remaining in their ban?

Thanks!
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X