Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• btappan
    replied
    i deleted them through the faq manager, thats it. the phrases are still there and all. i tried copying and pasting them out of the phrase manager and into the faq manager into new faq items, but it is very time consuming and you lose a lot of the page breaks, formatting and such when doing so.

this is in my config file

// Prefix that your vBulletin tables have in the database.

// For example: $tableprefix = 'vb3_';

$tableprefix = '';

// Prefix that all vBulletin cookies will have

// For example

$cookieprefix = 'bb';

Last edited by btappan; Sun 29 Aug '04, 4:52pm.

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Originally posted by btappan
    I made the mistake of deleting the faq as well, I don't have a back up though. can i use someone elses backup for just the faq portion (the generic ones included with VB) of my forum?
    Note to everybody willing to share their backup, you give them your user/pass and forum data if you share your backup.

Did you delete the table 'faq' or did you delete the phrases? And do you have a table prefix set in config.php ?

Leave a comment:

• btappan
    replied
    I made the mistake of deleting the faq as well, I don't have a back up though. can i use someone elses backup for just the faq portion (the generic ones included with VB) of my forum?

Leave a comment:

• JoyB
    replied
    I'll give it a go, thanks very much for your help Floris

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    If you have a backup, you can get the FAQ table from the backup probably, empty the current table content for that table, and populate it with the INSERT from the backup.

I never tested this, but I don't think the FAQ entries are linked to users or threads, so shouldn't be too hard to restore.

Leave a comment:

• JoyB
    started a topic FAQs deleted

FAQs deleted

Hi there,

I've accidently deleted the FAQs - is there any way I can get them back? Does vB have a standard table for FAQs which I can download/upload, if so, how do I import them in to my forum?

Thanks for your help,

Joy