Database does not exist!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Database does not exist!

I can't figure this one out - db is apparently present, and the config.php seems to be correct.

I had a forum at /forum/ but I'm trying to move it to the folder /community/.

I ran a new install in /community/ and the db was uploaded via phpmyadmin. But it still doesn't seem to exist.

This has been such a headache already...help very much needed and appreciated.

Here's the source code from the error page:

<!--
    Database error in vBulletin :

Invalid SQL:
    SELECT title, data
    FROM 1datastore
    WHERE title IN ('options', 'cron', 'forumcache', 'usergroupcache', 'stylecache', 'userstats', 'birthdaycache', 'maxloggedin', 'iconcache', 'eventcache', 'mailqueue')

mysql error: Table 'comprel_community.1datastore' doesn't exist

mysql error number: 1146

Date: Saturday 28th of August 2004 04:16:43 PM
    Script: http://www.comparative-religion.com/community/
    Referer:
    IP Address: 212.50.172.251
    -->

The table 1datastore is indeed not a vBulletin table, this should be datastore without the 1.

Re-upload the original vBulletin files to your server, overwriting the ones already there. Or un-install any modification you made.

Comment

Did you accidentally put a '1' in the table prefix in config.php?
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Note:

In order to move your board from /forum/ to /community/ all you need to do is rename the directory. And then goto the admin control panel > vbulletin options > site URL details and set it correct there (and update the vbulletin.com/members license details).

You don't need to do a fresh install, or import the backup.

Comment

Sincere thanks for that - I accidentally added the admin user no. in the table prefix on the config.php.

I had tried to set up the vBulletin simply in a different folder - but I'm trying to redirect users for all URLs of the previous folder to the new one.

But whenever I do I end up with a broken forum - threads not listed.

I've been using the following code:
          Code:
           RedirectMatch permanent /forum* http://www.comparative-religion.com/community/
          It's been driving me absolutely insane trying to sort this out - I don't understand why trying to redirect traffic from the old forum folder results in the new installation not working correctly.

Comment

A few of these discussions are on vBulletin.org IIRC

Comment

IIRC? I'm afraid I've never used IRC.

Is redirection a common problem?

Comment

Sorry I meant IIRC (If I Remember Correctly) I will write it out next time I will use it

Comment

My bad.

It's been a very long day already - I'll check out vB.org. Feel free to close this thread - just got to figure this redirect issue now.

EDIT: Unless anyone understands the redirect issue? No? Probably out of vB staff's scope I guess.
                  Last edited by I, Brian; Sat 28 Aug '04, 9:28am.

Comment

I'm in a similar situation, but I'm pretty sure I know the problem. I have one question though. If I have a db backup file (say, forums.sql) what's the best way to import that back to my site? Should I just upload it and use SSH? If that's the case (which would be great) could someone share with me the commands to use once logged into SSH to drop the tables?
                    J. Vance Tyree
                    Administrator
                    Armageddon Online Forums

Comment

Originally posted by lazserus
                      I'm in a similar situation, but I'm pretty sure I know the problem. I have one question though. If I have a db backup file (say, forums.sql) what's the best way to import that back to my site? Should I just upload it and use SSH? If that's the case (which would be great) could someone share with me the commands to use once logged into SSH to drop the tables?
                      Check this out:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/appendix_3

Moving Servers
                      Installing PHP and Apache
                      Installing MySQL
                      Creating a New MySQL Database for vBulletin to Use
                      Backing-up your MySQL Database Manually
                      Restoring your MySQL Database Manually

Comment

I found them JUST before you posted that, however it's good to know you guys have that on hand. Thanks!
                        J. Vance Tyree
                        Administrator
                        Armageddon Online Forums

Comment

Working...
                        X