Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inline image of attachments not showing

Hi, I hope someone can suggest a fix for this problem with my forums:

When I attach an image file ( jpeg or gif - neither works) to a post it displays the link only rather than displaying the image inline.

Here are the options I've checked:

vBulletin Options > message attachment options >
    Attachments Per Post: 1
    View Attached Images Inline: yes (have also tried "yes, if post has only one attachment"
    Enable Thumbnails: Yes (have also tried "no")
    Thumbnail Size: 500 (just for testing)
    Generate PNG Thumbnails: yes (again, have tried this option with "no"

Have also ensured that (Show Images (including attached images and images in [IMG] code) is ticked in the Control Panel of the admin account I am using.

I've Rebuilt Attachment Thumbnails several times and have also selected the GD version as GD 2+ and 1.6x / 1.8x

Thumbnails themselves do actually work. I've verified this by going to the account control panel > attachments and selecting "show thumbnails".

The problem seems confined to the display of ANY inline image of an attachment, whether that be thumbnail or the original itself.

Your setting of 500 means an image will not be thumbnailed unless its less than 500 pixels.

But your saying that no images your attaching to the board are showing up?

Are you using the default templates and files?

Comment

Correct - no images show up at all, be they original or thumbnail.

I'm using the default style but have installed VBAdvanced.

I think I've managed to fix the issue. After further testing it seems the problem was confined to the one forum I was using for news posts. I deleted and recreated a new forum and all (so far) appears ok.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X