Edited by...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edited by...

How do I prevent "edited by" from appearing?

I thinks its in usergroup permissions somewhere

Comment

Admincp > Usergroups > Usergroup Manager > Edit Usergroup > General Permissions > Show edited by note on edited messages?

Comment

That hasnt worked :s

Comment

It should work. Note it is not retroactive, and also if the person is in multiple usergroups, the permissions in those other groups may take precedence.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

It looks like it has worked for all messaged posted since I changed the setting, but not for those posted before.

Any ideas?

Comment

As I said, it is not retroactive.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Just to clear some confusion over this option, I had a question.

If say I set the admin usergroup, myself being in it, 'Show edited by note on edited messages?' to NO, does that mean it won't display the 'edited by' note on messages edited by other usergroups when I view the post OR does that mean any message I edit not display 'edited by' to viewers in other usergroups?

As an admin, I don't want anyone seeing if I edited a post, but I want to see if any other usergroup has edited one of their posts. Do I change my usergroup setting, or the other usergroup settings? The help display in the admincp doesn't really say which it is, either that or I'm not clearly understanding it.

Thanks!

Comment

If you set this option to No for your usergroupthen Show edited by won't be display when someone of your usergroup edit a post.

Don't forget to set Time to Wait Before Starting to Display 'Edited by...' in vbulletin options.

Comment

Thank You.

I'm pretty new to vB and all the configuration options can be daunting at times.

Comment

I have all the above settings configured (including Usergroup settings) and I'm still see Edited By show up when users edit their message.

Could this be because they have filled in the line where it asks them the reason why they're making an edit? How can I remove that line, if that is the cause?

Also, what is the max. field length on Time to Wait Before Starting to Display 'Edited by...' - I have mine set to a 6 digit number (supposedly to definitely prevent the message from appearing) - so is it happening because this number is too long and it's looking at it as 0 minutes or something strange like that?

Any ideas? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by funkmiester
                        I have all the above settings configured (including Usergroup settings) and I'm still see Edited By show up when users edit their message.

Could this be because they have filled in the line where it asks them the reason why they're making an edit? How can I remove that line, if that is the cause?

Also, what is the max. field length on Time to Wait Before Starting to Display 'Edited by...' - I have mine set to a 6 digit number (supposedly to definitely prevent the message from appearing) - so is it happening because this number is too long and it's looking at it as 0 minutes or something strange like that?

Any ideas? Thanks.
                        As you suspected, the reason you are still seeing the Last Edited By message is due to members filling out the Reason field. I removed that field on my forum. I hope future versions of vBulletin will make this a switch so that we don't have to edit the template, I think there are many that would rather not see the Edited By message at all.

Regarding the time to set, I use 5256000 which is 10 years.

Comment

Ok, thanks Andy....please to hear my suspicions were correct, I was going nuts trying to track that down!

So I went ahead and just edited the 'editpost' template and took out the relevant lines. I assume this is the only place that needs changing?
                          Last edited by funkmiester; Sun 14 Nov '04, 6:51pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X