Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I get User Ranks Images to display?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I get User Ranks Images to display?

Hi All

I have just completed an upgrade from phpBB to vB303 and I have uploaded and updated all the user ranks in my vB installation, but none of them are presently showing underneath the username on any of their posts. The user titles are showing but not user ranks!!

How do I get these to show...?

Thanks
    John

As far as I know the only way you can do this is to create usergroups, to which you assign a rank image, and then plop the users into that group. If you are looking for the same functionallity as phpBB in this aspect, where you can assign an image to a user in much the same way you can assign a user title, I don't think that you can without a hack.
    Aye

Comment

So when does one see the images associated with user ranks then? I am confused here.
      John

Comment

Well you have to define user ranks first :

User Ranks > Add New User Rank

Comment

Oh come on... please give me some credit...!!

I have done that, and set the number of posts per level etc but still I don't see the rank images...
          John

Comment

I've done it and it works perfectly on my board. Maybe you forgot to do something.

Comment

I just can't fathom it out. I added the ranks, set the post count accordingly, I see the images in the rank manager, but not in anyone's posts...

Can anyone offer any additional advice here pls
              John

Comment

So, I assume that you have created different usergroups and that you have assigned a rank image to each usergroup? And that you have put the members you want to have each rank image in each respective usergroup?
                Aye

Comment

I have just had a thought. Are ranks ONLY shown dependant on user post count? or do you have to assign them to a usergroup as well...? so that they then are shown if user post count > rank level AND user is member of assigned usergroup?
                  John

Comment

Originally posted by Caiman
                    So, I assume that you have created different usergroups and that you have assigned a rank image to each usergroup? And that you have put the members you want to have each rank image in each respective usergroup?
                    Hi Caiman

This is where I am confused. I thought ranks were soley dependant upon the users post count such that when they had x posts, they had x rank image shown - if they had y posts, then had y rank image shown - alas I don't think from what you say that this is the case.

Do I then have to assign a rank image to a usergroup as well... if so, how then if someones post count moves up 1 and takes them to the next level, does 91) there rank image get amended and (2) do they automatically become a member of the next usergroup?
                    John

Comment

Yes. Ranks ARE members of a specific usergroup. You CAN set that group to ALL in the Rank Manager, else they'll "belong" to just a single usergroup. Within the specific usergroup, THEN you set the post-counts to trigger the rank images.

Comment

You can set them to be 'promoted' into a new (you just set the usergroup at the same place you set post count) usergroup when their post count reaches a certain level yes, it should be in there (I'm about to leave work, sorry I'd go look more extensively) and that usergroup has the new rank image so it changes automatically, indeed.

So you need a usergroup for every rank level
                        Aye

Comment

Many thanks folks... will try out later.
                          John

Comment

Im having the same problem as the original poster. I created a usergroup, assigned it a rank, set the post count to 1, and the rank image still wont show.

Comment

Make sure your options are set to allow ranks (which IIRC is different than just creating them). Also make sure your options are set to allow showing graphics (avatars, sigs, etc)

Comment