Forum Jump Crisis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Jump Crisis

I'd posted this in another section but it's better here.

I was searching the forums for a way to change the Forum Jump in my forum so that it would only list child forums, not child-of-child. (Like in this forum -- you have categories, like vbulletin announcements & discussions; child forums, like vbulletin announcements; and child-of-child forums, like Jelsoft ebulletin archives under *that*.)

Since my site has to do with TV series, those child-of-child second level subforums are individual episode discussions; my users only want the subsections on the Forum Jump, not the individual ones beneath it.

I found this query from one of the handy staff here to turn it off, or so I thought:

UPDATE forum SET options = options - 65536 WHERE options & 65536

Here's the problem: now Forum Jump lists nothing under Forums at all! Just the Site Areas section. That thread was located at

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...+options+query

I gather what I expected to be "level 2" isn't what I needed, so I turned everything off. All I need to know is how to reverse the effect of what I did here... any advice?

-shaun

Originally posted by Shaun Lyon
    I gather what I expected to be "level 2" isn't what I needed, so I turned everything off. All I need to know is how to reverse the effect of what I did here... any advice?
    Backup your database and run this query:

UPDATE forum SET options = options + 65536 WHERE NOT(options & 65536)

You will need to rebuild your forum info after running this query:

Admin CP -> Import & Maintenance -> Update Counters

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X