Custom Layout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Layout

I'm sure this has been mentioned tons of times but I can't seem to find the right answer. I've designed my site layout in Photoshop, now what files do I have to edit inorder to make my own site layout? Or do you have to do everything online? Even doing t online has me confused. I like to open the code in Dreamweaver and edit it, then upload it.

You can convert your design into images (.gif) to use in xhtml which you can put in the header/navbar and footer template to match your design and still fit in with vBulletin.

Just keep in mind that variables like $vbphrase[whatever] and <if condition=".."> and those type of variables should remain in place. But they can be placed nearly anywhere inside your custom xhtml code.

Comment

what file(s) do I have to edit?

Comment

All layout/design of vBulletin is done through templates.
        Each page is split up in several templates. The power behind that is you can use the footer/header/navbar on every page, and only have to code it once.

All xhtml / css code is in the database, and all php source code is in the .php files which you dont'have to touch.

You can take a look at some template modifications and see how they have done certain things to the navbar templates or the header/footer templates - to get an idea how vBulletin and xhtml works together.

Comment

Ok. I'm used to Oscommerce where your editing all the PHP files to change the sites layout.

Comment

This is how I plan on having my site layed out. Under the links will be rotating banners. I have a funny feeling that this is going to be pretty hard to edit.hmmm
            Attached Files

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X