Attachment problem...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attachment problem...?

Here's the error I get when I try to upload a simple JPG image in the control panel. Everything seems to be turned on for PHP uploads + SQL packet size (which should be the problem in the first place).

Warning: Unable to create '\home\site\www\msgboard\attachments/a66c7c73484fec680c0ed7529970a1c6': No such file or directory in /home/site/www/msgboard/includes/functions_file.php on line 274

Warning: Unable to move '/tmp/phpzU0USJ' to '\home\site\www\msgboard\attachments/a66c7c73484fec680c0ed7529970a1c6' in /home/site/www/msgboard/includes/functions_file.php on line 274

Warning: stat failed for \home\site\www\msgboard\attachments/a66c7c73484fec680c0ed7529970a1c6 (errno=2 - No such file or directory) in /home/site/www/msgboard/includes/functions_file.php on line 286

Any ideas?

What do you have for the attachment directory in your attachment settings in the Admin CP?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I have it set to a directory rather than storing them in the database...

Comment

Yes I know. What directory do you have this set for?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          Yes I know. What directory do you have this set for?
          I have it set for home\site\www\msgboard\attachments\ and I chmod'd 0777 with root login, and this is the msg I get.

We attempted to write a test file to home\site\www\msgboard\attachments\, but we were unsuccessful. Please verify that the web server has write/delete permissions for this path.

Any other alternatives?

Comment

Try setting it to:

\home\site\www\msgboard\attachments\

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I get the same error

Comment

Well, since you're in Linux, you better change the direction of the slashes methinks....

Comment

Also make sure the folder is chmoded.

Comment

SWEET!! That worked!

Only now I tried to post an attachment to the board as an Administrator (who is invisible to users). But when it says that it's been uploaded and I hit the post button, I dont see the attachment that was supposed to be posted. Is that because Im an administrator?

When I go to the attachment stats in the adminCP I can clearly see that it's been uploaded, but I dont see it under the post which I posted it to...

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Comment

Are attachments being moderated?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Are attachments being moderated?
                        I dont think so, but where can I check this?

Comment

It's a per forum setting. Check the setting for Moderate Attachments in the Forum Manager.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

It's a per forum setting. Check the setting for Moderate Attachments in the Forum Manager.
                            It's not being moderated. It's weird. Even some of my users are posting and cant see the attachment under the post. The attachment gets uploaded just fine, but not in the post...?

Comment

Nevermind Steve, it's all good. I had to make sure that GD was enabled plus I had to make sure all the settings were right in the admincp global settings...

It's working great now, thanks so much for your help!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X