Help! Trying to change that gray color to something else

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Trying to change that gray color to something else

I've read all the threads about changing background colors but the suggestions don't seem to be working for me. I want to change the gray to hex #6384e7. I changed it in body background color, it made it white instead of the shade of blue I selected. Is this not the appropriate place to change the gray color? Thanks.

That is the correct place.

What is the exact code you are using in the Background field of the Body class?

Comment

Reviving my own old thread because I somehow figured out how to change the background color but can't quite figure out how to change it to an image instead of a color. I've read at least a dozen threads on here and they all make it sound so easy Here's what I've done based on other threads:

I made the color in Body/Background transparent.

I added the following code to the Extra CSS Attributes box for Body:

background-image: url(images/cold_outside/flannelsm.gif);
      background-repeat: repeat-x;

That made the background behind the logo the right image but nothing else. So then I made the page background transparent and added the same code in the Extra CSS Attributes box for Page Background. That made the background behind the navigation bar the right image but then it stops right above the button for "new thread" and the page numbers on the right. Weirdly, it doesn't even go all the way to the edge of my page behind the navigation bar. It leaves two little strips of white.

What am I doing wrong? Is there something that is stopping my image? Thanks in advance for your help.

Comment

See this thread.

Comment