Add Links on the Nav bar, to different parts of the site other than forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add Links on the Nav bar, to different parts of the site other than forums

I am trying to add a few buttons next to quick links and search and link to a different area. I am trying to link it to /photopost and to /reviewpost.

I am in the "navbar" template and am trying to use this source...

<td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="search.php?$session[sessionurl]do=getdaily">$vbphrase[todays_posts]</a></td>

If I change it to :

<td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="www.texasatvs.com/photopost/[sessionurl]do=getdaily">$vbphrase[photos]</a></td>

Am I using the wrong code? How do I do this?

It wants to link it to www.texasatvs.com/forums/www.texasatvs.com/photopost/???

how do I go about this,

Thanks for your help!!!!
    www.texasatvs.com

just change it to

<td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="www.texasatvs.com/photopost>Photos</a>

$vbphrase[photos] is not a valid phrase, $vbphrase's are done thru the vbulletin coding, you need not try to add your own variation to it just do the link i showed you above and do it to the other link you needed also
    Rebel Designs Studios

Comment

Thanks for your help, I added the code , but it didn't add any text on the nav bar when you go to the forums...

Is everything done correctly? Here is the code:

<td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="www.texasatvs.com/photopost>Photos</a></td>

<td class="vbmenu_control"><a ref="www.texasatvs.com/reviewpost>Reviews</a></td>
      <else />
      <td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="search.php?$session[sessionurl]do=getdaily">$vbphrase[todays_posts]</a></td>
      </if>
      <td id="navbar_search" class="vbmenu_control"><a href="search.php?$session[sessionurl]">$vbphrase[search]</a> <script type="text/javascript"> vbmenu_register("navbar_search"); </script></td>
      www.texasatvs.com

Comment

bump
        www.texasatvs.com

Comment

<td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="www.texasatvs.com/photopost$session[sessionurl]">Photos</a></td>

and then

<td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="www.texasatvs.com/reviewpost$session[sessionurl]">Reviews</a></td>

Sorry about that My Ice, i forgot to add the </td> one the end and the session :P

It was a long day yesterday
          Rebel Designs Studios

Comment

To me this looks like, as if it inside that condition:

<if condition="$show['popups']">

Maybe you'll find your Link to the Photopost when you open that Search-Popup. *g*

Add it before that code, so that it looks like this:

Code:
            <td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="/photopost>Photos</a></td>
            <td class="vbmenu_control"><a ref="/reviewpost>Reviews</a></td>
            <if condition="$show['popups']"> 
            <if condition="$show['searchbuttons']">
            	<if condition="$show['member']">
            	<td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="search.php?$session[sessionurl]do=getnew" accesskey="2">$vbphrase[new_posts_nav]</a></td>
            	<else />
            	<td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="search.php?$session[sessionurl]do=getdaily" accesskey="2">$vbphrase[todays_posts]</a></td>
            	</if>
            That's the way, I added links to it, and it works just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by rebelsrock06
              <td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="www.texasatvs.com/photopost$session[sessionurl]">Photos</a></td>

and then

<td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="www.texasatvs.com/reviewpost$session[sessionurl]">Reviews</a></td>

Sorry about that My Ice, i forgot to add the </td> one the end and the session :P

It was a long day yesterday
              Thanks for your help!! But I added the exact links you posted and when I click the link in the nav bar, it puts the link after the forums/ directory.

Instead of going to www.texasatvs.com/photopost/
              It goes directly to www.texasatvs.com/forums/www.texasatvs.com/photopost/

Take a look at my index. www.texasatvs.com/forums/ and you can see what im talking about. Thanks so much for your help!!!!
              www.texasatvs.com

Comment

bump, anyone know this????

Thanks for all your help!!!
                www.texasatvs.com

Comment

you need to put http:// before the www
                  Rebel Designs Studios

Comment

Hm. Photopost is one the same server, isn't it?

So you don't need to put http://www.texasatvs.com in front of it.

Did you try, what I posted, MyIce?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X