Image problem...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Image problem...

No images show up on my board after upgrading to 3.0.3 even after revert and all, not even the default vB style! Using IE6. Yes, the images are on the server, I re-uploaded them. http://ca.armada2files.com/vb

All of your images are showing up for me.

Maybe your browser is configured to not show images?

Comment

Will check that...Maybe has something to do with Norton Internet Security Pro???

Comment

I'm getting 'red x's. This means:

1. The images do not exist in the directpories specified in the Style Image Path settings.

or

2. The image files and/or directories are not world-readable.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sovereign
          Will check that...Maybe has something to do with Norton Internet Security Pro???
          Programs like that can filter web page content. So yes, that could be the cause.

Comment

Turned off Norton, images back! Now I need to redo my site logo (I'm not vb.org!)

Comment

Interesting. I run Norton IS. Why would Norton block your images yet have no problems with images from any other vB forum? I still can't view the images on your forum with Norton enabled and I would personnaly refuse to visit any site that required me to disable my firewall like this.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I'm having users with the same problem. The images show up as red "x" for them. The only people having problems are those running Norton Internet Security.

My site is http://www.venturerider.org

It's the default folder icons and etc. that will not show up.

Don

Comment

As noted above some forums or sites will not display images with Norton enabled. Unfortunately I still have no idea why this occurs on some sites but there are no problems on the vast najority of sites.

I could not see your images with Norton enabled - even on non-vB pages.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Well, if it helps any, here is what one of my members posted.

"Yeah same here I found that inside Norton security if I enable the (information about visited sites) the images come back???"

Don

Comment

If it helps anybody, here is what fixed the problem for two of my members running Norton.

open internet security

select privacy control
                      click on the configure button on the right
                      click on advanced
                      click on add site button and type in venturerider.org click OK
                      then look for venturerider.org in the list on the left and select it
                      then unselect the information about visited sites/use default settings box
                      then select the allow button in the same box
                      click ok

Another member responded with this:
                      Took me a couple of trys to get the right config but that seemed to do the trick! Now I am a bit confused what NIS defines as permit / block "Information about visited sites". I had to "permit" that option, which seems contray to the problem of not dispalying embedded graphics

Don

Comment

Well, I do not think it is correct to tell people to adjust Norton to view a forum, my users will not do that. Even thought I think this is a Norton problem, Jelsoft will suffer.

Comment

I do not believe there is anything we can do if norton is the problem.

Comment

As I noted above, this problem is not unique to vB. His non-vB pages were also affected. Also I visit literally hundreds of vB sites every week with Norton enabled, and I've only had this problem myself with the site in this thread. I've never run into this problem with any other forum and I've never had to change my Norton settings to accomodate this.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Okay....I did not start this thread at all. There were others posting about these problems and I simply joined in so my site is NOT the only one having a problem. I don't know why you were unable to view any images, nothing is unusual in the way my images are linked. There is obviously some problem with Norton though. Maybe my site is the only one where you were unable to view the non-VB pages but many have complained that people running Norton are unable to view the VB page images. As for my site, I've only got 123 members right now but only three have not been able to see the images and all three of those are running Norton.

Don

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X