Forum starting to slow down quickly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum starting to slow down quickly

When I first moved to vb 3.03, it was far faster than it has gotten over the past few weeks. Is there something I ned to do? Why would it start slowing down all of the sudden?
    Thank You...Mick Knutson

BLiNC Magazine Forums: "Everything you ever wanted to know about BASE-Jumping, but didn't know whom to ask."

Is it on a shared server? If so, other sites on the same server could be causing it to slow down...
    vBulletin v3.8.0's Implementation of Google Adsense Should Be Avoided At All Costs - Do Your Own Adsense Implementation

Comment

No, I have a dedicated dual p-3 1.8 Pentium running Linux 9 with a gig of ram.
      Thank You...Mick Knutson

BLiNC Magazine Forums: "Everything you ever wanted to know about BASE-Jumping, but didn't know whom to ask."

Comment

I'm seeing the same thing. Does Turk mmcache still work with the upgrade?

Comment

I don't know who Turk is....
          All I know is that it seems like they might be some specific steps I need to do to optimize the forum every week or so that I might not be doing.
          Thank You...Mick Knutson

Comment

With the system you describe, and the stats you show:

Most users ever online was 113, 3 Weeks Ago at 03:19 PM.
            Threads: 4,873, Posts: 25,065, Members: 1,454

You shouldn't have ANY slowdowns at all. My site is running on a MUCH lower-end machine (Single P3 700mhz, 512megs), web and database server both on the same machine, and it FLIES.:

http://www.fireblades.org/

Maybe it's a connection issue with your web server hosting company's infrastructure?
            vBulletin v3.8.0's Implementation of Google Adsense Should Be Avoided At All Costs - Do Your Own Adsense Implementation

Comment

I agree, that is why I am writing this posting. There should not be any issue at all, but there is. Many of my users have noticed it.
              Thank You...Mick Knutson

Comment

Make a thread following the guide here:
                http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70117

And i'm sure somebody can help you opimizing your server, are your forums busier than they were back then? if not it's possibile that the configuration you have is eating all your memory, which over time will cause a slowdown.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X