Yeah, cookie issues :/

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, cookie issues :/

My users keep complaining that when they've posted in a thread, it shows new and will keep showing new until they log off (refreshing helps not). Any work around or fix to this, or is it some random odd mistake on my part? Imported from a phpBB2.0.2 so maybe that's the dealio.

Let me know if ya'll know anything. Thanks!

Oh, and yesh, I searched around the forums for solutions, but amoung the many cookie problems, this one I didn't see already listed.
    www.ev0lnetwork.net
    Where the big kids post.

That's how it's intended, forums/threads will show as having new posts until you mark them as read or close the browser session.

Comment

Oh.. well no one seems to like that. :/
      www.ev0lnetwork.net
      Where the big kids post.

Comment

Sorry, not my fault

I would think that updating the forum/thread status "live" for every user each time they post would create a huge amount of overhead, especially on large boards and have a big affect on performace. Not sure if that's the real reason it's written that way, but it would be my guess.

Comment

Every other forum I've used has been that way. But vB > them all
          www.ev0lnetwork.net
          Where the big kids post.

Comment

They are working on an updated method of tracking what messages have been read....
            vBulletin v3.8.0's Implementation of Google Adsense Should Be Avoided At All Costs - Do Your Own Adsense Implementation

Comment

have you applied this patch?

Comment

I'm on 3.0.3, and I assume since that's for 3.0.2, I've already got it.
                www.ev0lnetwork.net
                Where the big kids post.

Comment

well no i believe it's for 3.0.3. i have 3.0.3. and i had to apply the patch to fix the problem.

Originally posted by Freddie Bingham
                  make sure you are using the showthread.php from 3.0.3 with the above patch

Comment

Had the same problem on my board - I upgraded just last night. Is this not considered a problem or what? Otherwise why hasn't the file been updated in the .zip for download?

Comment

good question. but anyway there's another thread about it here.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X