No announcement yet.

How Do I remove the 'Last Post' Column?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Do I remove the 'Last Post' Column?

How Do I remove the 'Last Post' Column?

In the forum listing or in the thread listing?

Comment

forum listing

Comment

Go to your:

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> « » -> Forum Home Templates -> FORUMHOME

Find this code, remove the red code, add the blue code:

Code:
        	<tr align="center">
        	  <td class="thead">&nbsp;</td>
        	  <td class="thead" width="100%" align="$stylevar[left]">$vbphrase[forum]</td>
        	  <td class="thead" width="175">$vbphrase[last_post]</td>
        	  <td class="thead" colspan="2">$vbphrase[threads]</td>
        	  <td class="thead">$vbphrase[posts]</td>
        	  <if condition="$vboptions['showmoderatorcolumn']">
        	  <td class="thead">$vbphrase[moderator]</td>
        	  </if>
        	</tr>
        Then in the same section of your Admin CP, edit the forumhome_forumbit_level1_post template. Remove the red code, add the blue code:

Code:
        		<td class="alt2" nowrap="nowrap">$forum[lastpostinfo]</td>
        		<td class="alt1" colspan="2">$forum[threadcount]</td>
        		<td class="alt2">$forum[replycount]</td>
        		<if condition="$vboptions['showmoderatorcolumn']">
        		<td class="alt1"><div class="smallfont">$forum[moderators]&nbsp;</div></td>
        		</if>
        Make a similar change to the forumhome_forumbit_level2_post template.

Comment

how do i accomplish this in the latest release of VB since the coding is no longer the same in this area?

Comment

The code in my post should be current as of version 3.0.3. Have you modified these templates? If you post a link to your forums I might be able to see what you did.

Comment

the code that you posted to modify in the FORUMHOME, I cannot find it there, but it is in the FORUMDISPLAY so i made the change there. the second change you suggest, i had to modify that similarly in level1_post , level1_NOpost , and level2_post. i got it to work that way but i'm not sure if it is right or not. also, my threads and post columns are 2 different widths now, i need to get them back to the same.

Comment

Look for the FORUMHOME code in your forumhome_forumbit_level1_nopost template. It is common for people to move that code to that template.

Comment

so should i NOT remove it from the FORUMDISPLAY ? and just modify the level 1 post and NOpost as well as level 2 post?

Comment

You need to make the changes to both templates, otherwise you will have colspan issues on one or the other.

Comment

I am trying to do this exact same thing. I have been over this thread a few times and tried it on a child "test" style.

The only result I am getting is that the title of "last post" column disappears and is merged into post count title.

The actual last posts still remain on forumdisplay (forum listing page)?

???

I would like for my forum listing page to show name of forums, number of threads, number of posts... no last post column or title. Is this possible?

Comment

Look at the instructions for editing the FORUMHOME template. Make the same changes to the FORUMDISPLAY template.

Comment

Not to beat a dead horse or anything... But this is really strange...

I woke up this morning, decided it was time for a little template modification before work. You know how that goes.

Anyways, Jake, I made all of the changes in this thread to my test style and also included the changes to the forumdisplay templates > FORUMDISPLAY...

Nothing... Now nothing is different at all from the original style that I am modifying.

I set my default style to this "test" style in adminCP. Viewed it, refreshed multiple times, and nothing... Weird?

It must be some sort of server lag time or cookie timeout issue going on?

Any ideas? Anybody?

Comment

If you send me a PM with your forum info then I can take a look.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Bunce
                              If you send me a PM with your forum info then I can take a look.
                              Done. Thanks Jake. The directions in this post worked to solve this problem. It was just a cookie or server lag issue. Because as soon as I logged back in, I could see the changes. Cool!
                              Last edited by mechanical mind; Sun 19 Dec '04, 3:29pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X