No announcement yet.

Back button no longer refreshes page...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back button no longer refreshes page...

I couldn't find a post addressing it so here it goes. In previous versions of vB when you used the back button in your browser it would refresh the previous page. In the latest version it is no longer doing this. Any hints on how to resolve this? Thanks.

Under OPTIONS in the Admin CP, PAGE HEADING and HTML options.

Look at the NO-CACHE setting. That should solve your problem.

Comment

Yep, that was the first thing I went to. Tried turning it on and off with no luck. Any other ideas?

Comment

Check your browser's refresh settings. That's the only other thing I can think of.

Comment

Maybe because of this recent change in includes/functions.php?

This:
          Code:
          		@header("Expires: Mon, 26 Jul 1997 05:00:00 GMT"); // Date in the past
          		@header("Last-Modified: " . gmdate("D, d M Y H:i:s") . " GMT"); // always modified
          		@header("Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate"); // HTTP/1.1
          		@header("Cache-Control: private, post-check=0, pre-check=0", false);
          		@header("Pragma: no-cache"); // HTTP/1.0
          was changed to:
          Code:
          		@header("Expires: 0"); // Date in the past
          		#@header("Last-Modified: " . gmdate("D, d M Y H:i:s") . " GMT"); // always modified
          		#@header("Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate"); // HTTP/1.1
          		@header("Cache-Control: private, post-check=0, pre-check=0, max-age=0", false);
          		@header("Pragma: no-cache"); // HTTP/1.0
          Try if reverting back to the old code helps.

Comment

One of the eagle eyed amongst our community spotted this habit. Applied the old code and it appears to work. However the question is raised of, why was this changed?

What other can of worms do we perhaps open?
            Colin.

My Skoda Forum - www.BRISKODA.net

Comment

Was intentional.

Only Mozilla would reload the page as it respected the no-store a little more than IE and Opera did.

With Mozilla you would hit back and it would reload the page so if you were half way down a list of threads you'd be back at the top again, it also increased bandwidth for no reason.
              Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Hi..

I apologize for bumping a rather old thread, but I am having an issue in this area.

My users are complaining about the reloading of pages when hitting the back button (v3.0.3) I tried to change the code that produces headers as mentioned above but it did not help.

What's also confusing me is that Scott's post seems to suggest that the code was changed to its current form to avoid the problem that I am in fact experiencing?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Charles

Comment