Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email everyone on post

Hi,

We use vBulletin on our corporate intranet and I was wondering if there was a way to have an email sent to everyone each time a message is posted without having them have to subscribe to each topic or forum.

If not what would the SQL be that I could run to toggle a subscribe users either to all forums, but preferably to all new posts.

We are trying to get some momentum going and get everyone involved, but people are forgetting it's there.

Cheers,
    Jeff

There is no query or feature in vBulletin to subscribe all users to a particular forum or forums.

Under the current system, one good way to subscribe everyone is to enter a "list serve" email address as the notification address for all forums. You can add this email address in your:

Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Forum Manager -> Edit Forum -> Email Addresses to Notify...

Then the users would signup for the "list serve" to be notified about new posts.

Unfortunately I don't know of any good "list serve" programs, but if you get one setup then this method should work well.

Comment

How to subscribe a forum

Originally posted by Jake Bunce View Post
      There is no query or feature in vBulletin to subscribe all users to a particular forum or forums.

Under the current system, one good way to subscribe everyone is to enter a "list serve" email address as the notification address for all forums. You can add this email address in your:

Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Forum Manager -> Edit Forum -> Email Addresses to Notify...

Then the users would signup for the "list serve" to be notified about new posts.

Unfortunately I don't know of any good "list serve" programs, but if you get one setup then this method should work well.
      Well I tried this suggestion. The problem for me is what is the email address of the forum, site, or board ITSELF. My list serve program requires a confirm reply from a email address in order among other issues to place the subscriber in the list serve. How to subscribe a forum is my question?
      CLNews builds Solidarity. www.CLNews.org/forums/
      :) "There is no way to peace.
      Peace is the way." [A.J.Muste]

Comment

Please start your own thread in the relevant forum for the version you are running.
        Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X