Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any way to sort forums like the memberlist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any way to sort forums like the memberlist?

To start off with, I'm using a new install of vb3.0.3.

I'm going to have a lot of forums in some categories, and was wondering if there was any way to sort them like the member list (alphabetical links in a bar on the top of the page). Is that possible to do? I did some searching around and couldn't find anything. Maybe I didn't search for the right keywords.

I guess I'll also include a second question in here so I don't clutter up the page with more questions.... Does vBulletin 3 have the ability to do a dynamic "most active topics" type of thing? This kind of meshes with the other question. I'd like the ability to search through a large number of forums in a category, and also display the top 5 or 10 or whatever most active forums in that category. I looked around a little bit on vbulletin.org, but figured I'd check here first for the "recommended" solution.

Thanks a bunch for the help....this is some pretty cool software.
    www.peerimpact.com

Completely legal peer-to-peer music sharing!

For your second question, the answer is "kinda":

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89080
    vBulletin v3.8.0's Implementation of Google Adsense Should Be Avoided At All Costs - Do Your Own Adsense Implementation

Comment

Excellent! That's definitely a start on things.

Thanks.
      www.peerimpact.com

Completely legal peer-to-peer music sharing!

Comment

There is no automatic sorting of forums. You need to manually change the order in the Admin CP's Forum Manager.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment