• Show
Clear All

• Brandy
    replied
    Worked like a charm! Thanks So Much!!!

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Sorry but I'm not familiar with DBManager. Maybe someone who has that application can help. However with BLOB I believe you keep the character limit blank.

Leave a comment:

• Brandy
    replied
    I use DB Manager

I just copied and pasted a bunch of stuff in here, and when I tried to submit it didn't work and I lost it all. So, here it is in a nutshell:

I use DBManager

I open the "forum" table

I open the "emailnewpost" field

I change the character amount to 299 I get the following error message:

"Too big column length for column 'newpostemail' (max = 255). Use BLOB instead"

When I use BLOB I get a syntax error message.

When I try to copy and paste what it looks like for you to see, the message won't post in this forum, so that's the best I can do in trying to explain.

Thanks for any help.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    How exactly are you trying to make this change?

Leave a comment:

• Brandy
    started a topic newpostemail varchar length

newpostemail varchar length

Hi,

I am trying to add a lot of emails to a particular forum in the "newpostemail" field. (It is my staff forum, and I want all the staff to receive instant emails of that forum).

Currently it only supports 255 characters in the VARCHAR format. When I try to add more, an error message says that I should use BLOB instead of VARCHAR. But when I use BLOB I get an a syntax error message.

Does anyone know how to increase the characters for the newpostemail field?

Thanks