Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBCode Problem after upgrading from v2.30

To whom it may concern,

I have upgraded my forum from v2.30 to v3.03, and there seems to be a problem with my BBCode. I had a hack that installed another set of BBCodes to use. Well, this hack wrote it's bbcode into the databse, and from what I was told, the 3.X versions are now hard coding the BBCodes into a php file.

I purged my BBCodes table to remove the codes that the hack installed, removed all files related to this hack and now there's no bboceds in that table anymore. One of the bbocodes that was included with the hack was something called the [hide] [/hide] hack, which once you printed the tags in a message and added text between the brackets, a dark bar would cover the text. All the user needed to do was highlight or press the <ctrl + a> buttons to view the text.

Right now, this hacks still works for some reason, and I don't know how to get rid of it. My question is, does the upgrade installer retain these BBCodes in another place (other than the databse) during the upgrade process?

Here's a snapshot of this BBCode in action:
    Attached Files
    Is it true that "Cannibals" don't eat Clowns because they taste funny? :eek:

The bbcodes are stored in the bbcode manager, have you tried checking in there?

All bbcode was hardcoded / with templates as of Beta 6 or Gamma.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
      The bbcodes are stored in the bbcode manager, have you tried checking in there?

All bbcode was hardcoded / with templates as of Beta 6 or Gamma.
      Hi Zac,

If you forgotten, when you empty the bbcode table, there's nothing in the bbcode manager. As I wrote above, that's what I did, and this hack tag still remains. All of the old files were removed that I applied the hack too.

This is the troublesome part, now where do I look in the vb files for any references?
      Is it true that "Cannibals" don't eat Clowns because they taste funny? :eek:

Comment

You empted the table, but did you update the datastore?

We cache alot of information and highly used things like the datastore, and they are not written to or updated unless you manualy update them via a query or by hand, or you update abit of code like checking to see if there is any bbcode.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X