Forum Permissions Changing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Permissions Changing?

My forum permissions/settings keep changing for no reason. Saturday the Supermods suddenly could no longer see a forum and it's child forums.

Today moderators were suddenly having their posts moderated in a forum they had no problem posting in yesterday. This seems to happen every few weeks with some forum.

When I set up a forum, I set the permissions as "deny all" and then set each User Groups permissions one by one.

Can anyone tell me why I might be having this problem?
    Last edited by griffin; Mon 26 Jul '04, 3:52pm.

Do you have any usergroup promotions set up?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

No, but I did set one up, tested it and deleted it yesterday.

Comment

Forum permissions do not change on their own with the default vB scripts. Do you have any other Admins? Have you checked the admin log? Have you installed any hacks (including portals) or added any code to the headinclude, header or phpinclude templates? If not, fill out a support ticket at:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/mem...ontactform.php

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP. If you have installed hacks or added code, then remove the hacks first then check and see if you still have this problem. If so, leave the default vB files in place and fill out the support request.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Ok, thank you. Will do.

Comment

Working...
          X